Reversing Cellular Aging with Fatty15
Published by Dr. Venn-Watson
Dr. Eric Venn-Watson’s Highlights
- Advances in understanding how we age are enabling scientists to target key hallmarks of aging to reverse aging at the cellular level.
- Fatty15 is a revolutionary C15:0 supplement that repairs cells and reverses cellular aging by restoring cellular strength, revitalizing cellular energy, and rescuing cellular signaling.*
- These cell repairing benefits explain why people with higher C15:0 levels have better metabolic, immune, heart, and liver health.
Can aging really be reversed? While turning back our biological clocks used to be considered science fiction, today’s advances have turned reversing cellular aging into a reality.
Let’s dive into the science behind aging, how fatty15 repairs your cells by reversing core aging processes, and what that means to your long-term health.
The science behind how we age - and how these processes can be reversed
With each passing year, we get a year older. So, there’s not much we can do about this particular measurement of age, aka our chronological age.
As we get older, however, our cells become dysfunctional and start to break down. Those achy knees, increased fatigue, and thinning hair? These are caused by our advancing biological age.
Here’s the good news. Scientists have identified nine specific mechanisms that define how we break down with age - and it’s all about our cells. These are known as the Hallmarks of Aging.
Let’s dive into three of the biggest Hallmarks of Aging - and how they can be reversed:
- Cellular senescence (zombie cells). As we age, our cells get stressed and stop working - but they don’t die. These zombie cells, or senescent cells, remain in our bodies and create a toxic environment that causes inflammation. Aging-related damage of senescent cells can be reversed by 1) keeping our cells unstressed, healthy and properly functioning, 2) clearing zombie cells from our bodies, or 3) neutralizing the toxic environment of senescent cells to protect against inflammation.
- Mitochondrial dysfunction. Mitochondria, the batteries of our cells, power down as we age. Worse yet, malfunctioning mitochondria stop generating energy and start making damaging reactive oxygen species (aka ROS). The result? Less cellular energy and more cellular stress that drives aging-related breakdown. By repairing our mitochondria, however, good cellular energy can be restored and bad ROS can be lowered to effectively reverse age-related breakdown.
- Weakened cellular signaling. As we get older, our cells stop communicating with each other, creating off-balanced metabolism and immunity. This loss of whole-body homeostasis can impair glucose metabolism, incite an overactive immune response, and negatively impact the quality of our sleep. Keeping communication lines open between our cells brings our body back into balance, reversing this key hallmark of aging.
In summary, by repairing cellular senescence, mitochondrial dysfunction, and weakened cellular signaling, we can reverse aging at the cellular level.
How fatty15 reverses aging at the cellular level
Okay, now you know how biological aging can be reversed. Next, let’s talk about how fatty15 repairs our cells and restores our long-term health.
Fatty15 is the world’s first C15:0 supplement. C15:0, an odd-chain saturated fatty acid, is the first essential fatty acid to be discovered since omega-3, which was over 90 years ago. While small amounts of C15:0 are present in butter and whole fat milk, dairy fat contains much higher levels of pro-inflammatory even-chain saturated fats, like C16:0.
To deliver only healthy, pure C15:0, doctors and scientists spent years developing fatty15, an award-winning and science-backed C15:0 supplement to support your long-term health. Fatty15 contains only a single ingredient: pure, bioavailable, sustainable, and vegan-friendly C15:0 powder.
Fatty15 repairs cells to restore your long-term health. By targeting three of the most impactful Hallmarks of Aging, fatty15 reverses aging at the cellular level. If you’re ready to nerd out, read on!
Fatty15 protects against aging-driving zombie cells by:*
- Strengthening cellular membranes. C15:0 is a sturdy fatty acid that armors our cell membranes against age-related breakdown. Studies have shown that the pure C15:0 ingredient in fatty15 improves cellular strength by 80%.
- Clearing damaged cells. The pure C15:0 ingredient in fatty15 also activates AMPK, which helps to clear out damaged cells. In scientific terms, this process is called autophagy.
- Regulating inflammatory response. Extensive studies have shown that fatty15 significantly calms and lowers proinflammatory cytokines, including those present in the zombie cell environment.
By restoring our cellular strength, clearing out bad cells, and calming overactive immune responses, fatty15 helps to neutralize cellular senescence. That’s one Hallmark of Aging down, two more to go.
Fatty15 reverses mitochondrial dysfunction by:*
- Rescuing energy-generating pathways. Peer-reviewed studies have shown that fatty15 repairs our mitochondrial function. Here’s how: Complex I of the energy-making process typically breaks down as we age, and fatty15 rescues our mitochondria by making succinate, which feeds right into Complex II to keep our mitochondria running.
- Increasing cellular energy. By increasing the production of succinate, C15:0 has been described as having ‘remarkable’ cell-energy (aka ATP) generating power. In a study by Adachi et al., C15:0 increased ATP levels in cells by 350%.
- Reducing free radicals When mitochondria are healthy, they make energy. When mitochondria are dysfunctional, they make damaging reactive oxygen species (aka ROS). By rescuing mitochondrial function, peer-reviewed studies have shown that the pure C15:0 ingredient in fatty15 effectively decreases ROS by 45%.
With our cellular energy revitalized, fatty15 reverses cellular aging. So, what is the third Hallmark of Aging targeted by fatty15?
Fatty15 rescues cellular signaling by:*
- Activating AMPK, which is the core of the Human Longevity Pathway. By activating AMPK, C15:0 restores whole body homeostasis. The pure C15:0 ingredient in fatty15 has been shown in peer-reviewed studies to regulate glucose uptake and calm our immune systems.
- Activating PPARɑ and PPARẟ receptors, which regulate our metabolism and immunity. By activating PPARɑ/ẟ, fatty15 has been shown in peer-reviewed studies to support metabolic, immune, heart and liver health in relevant models.
- Inhibiting HDAC-6, which helps to protect our cells from going rogue. As an HDAC-6 inhibitor, the pure C15:0 ingredient in fatty15 has been shown in peer-reviewed studies to stop the proliferation of damaged cells.
- Added cell signaling benefits from PDC, an important C15:0 metabolite. C15:0 helps our bodies make a second molecule called pentadecanoylcarnitine (PDC). PDC has been shown in peer-reviewed studies to fully activate CB1 and CB2 receptors that can help to improve joint comfort, mood, and sleep. PDC also activates 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B receptors to reduce stress, as well as inhibits histamine H1 and H2 receptors to calm immune responses.
By rescuing the critical lines of communication between our cells, fatty15 helps to rebalance our immunity and metabolism, delivering whole body homeostasis.
Whew - that was a lot of science! Now you know how fatty15 reverses aging at the cellular level by targeting three Hallmarks of Aging. As a result, fatty15 restores strong cells, revitalizes cellular energy, and recues cellular signaling.
While this is all great science, what matters most is what fatty15 does for you.
Leveling up: Fatty15 supports your long-term health & wellness
Beyond the science on how fatty15 repairs your cells by reversing aging at the cellular level, there are many (many) studies linking higher C15:0 levels to improved long-term health. These studies have repeatedly shown that people with higher C15:0 levels have better:*
- Metabolic health
- Immune health
- Heart health
- Liver health
- Red blood cell health
In summary, robust science has demonstrated that fatty15 is far beyond a one-hit wonder on how it supports your long-term health and wellness, especially as we age. In fact, the depth of the science demonstrating how fatty15 targets multiple hallmarks of aging shows that fatty15 reverses aging at the cellular level.You can learn a whole lot more about all the science on C15:0 at www.DiscoverC15.com.
Eric Venn-Watson M.D.
Senior Scientist, Co-Founder
Eric is a physician, U.S. Navy veteran, and Co-founder and COO of Seraphina Therapeutics. Eric served over 25 years as a Navy and Marine Corps physician, working with the special forces community to improve their health and fitness. Seraphina Therapeutics is a health and wellness company dedicated to advancing global health through the discovery of essential fatty acids and micronutrient therapeutics.
You May Also Like...
Everything You Need To Know About Essential Fatty Acid Deficiency
Medically reviewed by: Eric Venn-Watson, MD
We hear a lot about getting enough omega-3, so much so that many of us have decided to take an omega-3 supplement like fish oil.
While you swallow your...
Promoting Your Metabolic Health: A Focus on Pentadecanoic Acid's (C15:0) Benefits
Authored by: Stephanie Venn-Watson, DVM, MPH
When we think of our overall health, we can point to our heart and brain, and maybe our liver and spleen. But how many of us can point to our metabolism?...